Last week I had the opportunity to speak to a group of Realtors in California. Mostly the subject was how to use Facebook to market their businesses, but it seems like my conversations always stray to using videos. Any business could create videos that would be helpful in building a relationship with their clients. People love to watch videos, and they help build that Know-Like-Trust factor that I always talk about. When I can SEE you it makes you more real, more authentic. I can relate to you better. And then I might be more inclined to listen to you and ultimately buy something from you. Remember, people buy from people they like.
Here are a few examples of things you could do.
- Video tour of your business. Lots of times people are uncomfortable about just walking in the door. Help them feel more comfortable by showing them what they will see. This works great for a restaurant, church, attorney, or mortgage lender.
- The realtors could walk through the houses that they have listed and point out really neat features
- Video testimonials from happy clients
- Demonstrate your products if applicable. Sometimes a technical explanation is easier if you can show somebody how something works.
- Introduce them to people in your office who they talk to, or who make their products, or who provide the services.
- Create a video of works in process – great for builders, designers, artists
- Instead of writing your blog or tips, create a video occasionally and let your followers watch you tell them the information
- and lots more! During my sessions with clients we really come up with some interesting ideas during brainstorming.
Remember that smiling, happy faces will likely sell more. It’s not important to be fresh from the salon or have on your best duds, although a little comb through the hair wouldn’t hurt! Now put on that thinking cap and come up with some other great ideas. The videos needn’t be more than a minute and a half or two minutes long. Any longer and you will start to lose people.
Share some other good ideas with me in the comments. I need the love!