Pro Bono Speaking/Training
I am happy to offer a few pro bono speaking engagements each year to carefully chosen organizations.
Pro bono presentations are 60 minutes or less and are standard programs, not customized for your specific group.
Before you ask me to offer my services for free, please consider that I am a professional speaker, trainer and strategist; I get paid to speak. It’s not something I do occasionally to build my business.
So it’s important that, when I do speak for free, I’m able to receive value in return for the value my programs will bring to the organization. I request that the organization considers a value-for-value trade, especially in the area of publicity.
I will ask for at least three of the following items in trade in place of my full or partial fee:
- Provide a testimonial for my website within two weeks of the engagement
- Cover the cost of professional video recording
- Provide a master copy of any video or audio recording
- Submit a press release before the program to at least three local media/newspapers/ event calendars
- A trade show or expo booth, if one is available
- Allow me to make a program offer to the group
- An interview, promo or article in your newsletter (before and/or after the engagement)
- Your organization finds a sponsor to pay part of my fee
- Membership to your organization, if appropriate, equivalent to my fee
- Following up with the audience members 30 – 60 days after the program to see if the information was transferred to their professional or personal life
- Promote me to your national or regional chapters within one week after the event
- Mailing list of all attendees within one week after the event, so I can contact them one time with my free e-book and newsletter information
Topics for my Pro Bono programs are:
You Lost Me at LinkedIn
Your Business Selfie: What Image Are You Creating on Social Media?
Live A Life of Honor: Apply the Boy Scout Law at Work
Disruptive Presentations™:Unboring Presentations for the Rest of Us!