As promised in last week’s post which covered changing the icon on your custom apps, today’s post will teach you the steps for changing the order of your apps. The apps I am talking about are on your Facebook page, right under your cover photo.
On your Facebook page, you can have up to 12 custom apps available for visitors. Only 4 of them show up in the top row, so you want to use that space wisely. If you haven’t enabled some of the canned Facebook apps like Notes or Videos, you may only have a couple of apps showing. The Facebook Photos app will always be the left-most app, and you can’t change it’s position. The other apps can all change positions. Here’s how:
- If you have more than 4 apps, there will be a small number in the drop-down box to the right side of the app area.
- Click on this drop-down. It will open up all of the available apps.
- Hover over the app that you want to move. A pencil appears.
- Click on the pencil. In the window that pops open it says: “Swap position with”
- Click on the name of the app you want to change positions with.
- Presto, Change-o. The switch occurs.
- Repeat for each app that you want to move.
Remember that you can’t hover and see the pencil until you click on the down arrow to the right side of the apps. There may not be a number in that box if you don’t have more than 4 apps yet. Not to worry…next time I’ll tell you how to get the Facebook canned apps to show up!