If you just found this post and haven’t already seen Part One of the Golden Nuggets report, then click here to get the background. In short, these are some things that I wrote down during presentations at the recent National Speakers Association conference. The picture is of Lisa Sasevich (and me!), who had a two hour pre-conference session, plus a half day session later in the weekend.
So, on with the list…
- “Learn to be uncomfortable.” This was one of the first things Lisa Sasevich said to us. If we want to grow we have to be willing to stretch and move way outside of our comfort zone.
- “Mobile changes everything.” Randy Gage is right. Over half of the visitors to your website or to social media are getting there through their mobile device. If you’re website isn’t mobile ready, make plans to do that soon.
- “Social media – if you don’t do it, you will be irrelevant.” Wow. A strong and powerful statement from Randy.
- “If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.” This quote was retold by Randy Gage and reminds me to surround myself with rock stars.
- “Remember, your clients are buying the destination, not the plane.” When creating your marketing materials you need to be talking about the benefits, not the features. Lisa is 100% correct.
- “I’d rather collect a lead than BE a lead.” Now, this may or may not be true, but Lisa said she had just gotten business cards about 6 months ago and used this phrase as part of her explanation.
- “A step in the wrong direction is better than staying in one spot all your life. Once you’re moving forward you can correct your course as you go. Your automatic guidance system cannot guide you when you’re standing still.” Maxwell Maltz. This was just a quote on a handout, and it’s really wonderful.
- “In social media, it’s not who is talking TO you, it’s who is talking ABOUT you.” Science author Steve Spangler was sharing his failures in social media and this was one big thing he learned on the way to success.
I hope you found some of these inspiring or helpful. It’s always good to have something new to chew on, don’t you think? Just like last time, if you have a favorite, shoot me a comment below. Your thoughts are much appreciated! Hello? I’m listening…