This is not the kind of blog I write: don’t like talking about the bad days. But I didn’t blog the last 2 days. Ultimate Blog Challenge fail. Honestly, I just wasn’t in a very good mood. Wasn’t feeling it. Everything was very frustrating to me and my temper was short and anything but sweet. Have you ever had days (or weeks) like that? Yep – I was having a pretty crummy week.
Seems like when you have a spell like that, nothing is going right. I was so tense my head was hurting. I snapped at everyone that dared to talk to me. Food tasted terrible, and the tears fell more than once. It was just a giant pity party.
What do you do to get out of the “mully grubs?” Do you do a complete melt down and then have no where to go but up?
It finally dawned on me that if I wanted different results I had to do something different. Duh! So, here’s what did the trick:
- Changed up my morning routine a little and got clear about my sense of direction via my daily Bible lesson
- Had a couple of great client interactions that ended with them being elated with their new Facebook custom apps
- Kick butt workout session with a personal trainer
- Good interactions with someone close to me that I had not been giving enough time to
- Drove 6 hours to my Training & Development class that I am taking this semester. Plenty of time to think.
It takes some effort to break the inertia and get back moving in the right direction. Hope you remember this when you get in a rut. If you can’t focus on work, go out in the yard and do something else. Clear your head, go out to lunch, take a jog, grab your knitting or work on your scrapbook. Do something different and take your mind off of everything.
Please share your thoughts in the comments, won’t you? Tell me I’m not the only one who has an occasional out-of-sort day. (or two or three)